Pies! They’re festive and they’re yummy! Mr Scruff has opened his own teashop in Manchester’s northern quarter. It’s called CUP, and they serve festive pies alongside his very own ‘Make Us A Brew’ tea. Definitely worth dropping in for a pit stop while you’re out on a Manchester xmas shopping marathon. In fine Mr Scruff style he has illustrated a little cartoon to explain as such (which i have stolen from his website Mrscruff.com) Check out the rest of the site if you enjoy tasty beats and quirky animation, you won’t be disappointed.
For those of you unfamiliar with the concept of pies.. they look like this…
and come filled with meat, dubious but tasty meat.
Back on the subject, Mr Scruff recently featured on BBCs essential mix (01/12/07)- with a live recording from the Warehouse Project .
You can download from HERE and below is a full tracklist which is pretty handy as loads of this stuff is fresh out the studio.
- Soil and Pimp Sessions – Sahara – Brownswood
- Soil and Pimp Sessions – Sahara (Zed Bias mix) – Brownswood
- ILS – Next Level – Marine Parade
- Martyn – Broken – Revolve:R
- Skream – Wobble That Gut – Tempa
- Smith and Mighty – B Line Fi Blow – K7
- Mr Scruff – Whiplash – Ninja Tune
- Mr Scruff – Here We Go – Ninja Tune
- Harmonic 313 – Cyclotron – Warp
- Roots Manuva – Witness (One Hope) (acapella) – Big Dada
- The Cure – Love Cats – Fiction
- Aronas – Aronas – Solid Air
- Mr Scruff feat Broke N English – Listen Up – Ninja Tune
- The Headhunters – If Youve Got It, Youll Get It – Arista
- Blade – Lyrical Maniac – Raw Bass
- The Hot 8 Brass Band – Sexual Healing – Tru Thoughts
- Mr Scruff and Quantic – Donkey Ride – Ninja Tune
- Sono Rhizmo – Mambocito Mio – Resense
- Million Dan – Mic Check – Dappa
- Johnny Pate – Shaft In Africa – ABC